Did you try our calculator? Did you do some reading? Ready to take the next steps? Okay, good! Fill out the form below to get up to three estimates* from local installers.
Some companies advertise an online-only experience to getting solar quotes. While this is fine if you’re renting a car, we believe that this doesn’t lead to the best quality for consumers shopping for solar.
Why? A big part of getting an accurate quote is inspecting your home for problems. Do you have wiring issues? Does your panel need to be upgraded first? Is your roof in good shape? These can be costly expenses that can only be accurately identified with a site visit. Buying solar isn’t like renting a car. You want to meet with a professional in your home. With The Solar Nerd, we make sure that happens.
We hate spam and robocalls just as much as you do, and promise that we’ll never do that to you. When you’re ready to start, fill out the form below.
Here’s how it works
- You’ll receive an automated email from us. Shortly after that, an actual human will contact you to confirm your request and answer any questions you have.
- We then select up to three solar installer companies in your area and let them know that you are interested in getting solar for your home.
- They will reach out to you to confirm your interest, and will ask additional questions to help prepare your estimate.
- They will return with a proposal that includes a technical report, an estimate of how much electricity your system will generate, and a price estimate for the system. If your home isn't suitable, they will explain why.
- If you’re happy with one of the proposals, you sign a contract with that company and start the process with them.
- If you’re not happy with the proposals, there’s no obligation to go any further (although we really appreciate it when you let us know why).